December 11, 2008

Home for the Holidays

Well it's official. We aren't going to visit Matt and Randy in Delft, Netherlands, for xmas or new years. Like Matty said, we just don't have the ching for it right now. I admittedly wasn't as eager as Matty to go over there - not because I don't want to spend the holidays with Matt and Randy - because I do - but because I felt like it simply made more sense to do it in the spring - we would likely have a longer time, better weather, time to save, and I'll be done w/ grad school. Still, knowing that we're not going is sad - disappointing to say the least. Matty gets so much from spending time with those guys. It's amazing and lovely to witness. They are family, they are his best friends, they are soulmates and I know Matty could use a big dose of those guys for sure. So basically I'm super bummed. I know that we won't be able to spend each holiday with them, but our time together around Christmas has become such an important tradition that Christmas will certainly loose something without their companionship. I'm sorry Toots; even though I was a bit skeptical, I really did want this to work out for you. For us. And them. For the whole family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

is it okay if i invite myself to come with you to delft in the spring? i am getting a home equity loan and it clearly states in the terms that i need to research the ikea cabinets in the motherland.