March 18, 2009

Yummy Morrissey

I almost didn't go - man would I have felt like a big turd if I hadn't have gone. Morrissey played at the Carnegie Music Hall in Oakland last night - to a sold out crowd of about 2000 people, many of which have been stood up by His Hotness in the past. CMH is a GREAT place to see a show - we (me, little and jimmy) were in the last row of the 2nd balcony and could still see everything that went on. We were crammed, yes, but every seat in the house is at least a decent one. The fact that the place was an absolute sauna hardly even annoyed me once the music started. Everywhere is a sauna mid-March when it could just as easily be 30 degrees as 70 and the dip wads still have the heat on. Ok, it annoyed me a lot - I forgot a pocket square and was sweating like a whore in a mosh pit in the old 9:30 club.

Anyway, perhaps because he's not been here in so long, we were treated to more older music (read: Smiths) than I think he generally plays - you won't hear me complain about that at all. He also took his shirt off once, and the 3 of us nearly fainted (and not from the heat.) Play list follows:

This Charming Man / Billy Budd / Black Cloud / How Soon Is Now? / Let Me Kiss You / Irish Blood, English Heart / That's How People Grow Up / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Ask / How Can Anybody Possibly Know How I Feel? / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / The Loop / Death Of A Disco Dancer / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself? / Best Friend On The Payroll / Sorry Doesn't Help / I Keep Mine Hidden / Something Is Squeezing My Skull / I'm OK By Myself // First Of The Gang To Die


And here is a picture taken by Randy Monroe, who I believe also made it on stage for a minute:

No comments: